August 1st already? Where did the time go?
We’ve been busy since we’ve returned to Bohemia Bay. We’ve seen our friends, visited family, and accomplished a lot on the boat. A small sampling of the items we’ve been working on:
- Sabrina has almost completed sewing us an awesome new bimini.
It goes around the bases of the solar panels, and looks great.
- We’ve upgraded our chain to 150′ of 3/8″ BBB, preparing for the Caribbean.
We also made some upgrades to our bow rollers and spare anchor rode.
- We cleaned the bilge and now we’re prepared to pack it with food again.
- We cleaned out the fuel tank to keep our fuel system clean.
- We’ve re-provisioned using our car and our local stores.
- We replaced our failed batteries which were covered under warranty. (Yay!)
- I’ve been working with our solar panel company to replace our panel which is covered by warranty. (Yay!)
- We’ve bought some stuff online that we decided we wanted before we headed out again.
(Including Sabrina’s new bike! Sadly, this one was not $15.)
- We picked up some warmer clothes from our storage unit for the trip north, and we made sure the heater works.
- We unloaded a lot of things that we’ve decided we don’t need, and grabbed some stuff we did.
- I’ve been working on tuning up the Westerbeke and replacing the PTO gear.
- And lastly, I’ve been battling spiders and the effects of 6 months in salt water with no freshwater.
But it hasn’t been all work, we’ve had a chance to go wakeboarding, watch the Olympics, catch some blue crabs, and most importantly, catch up with our friends.
We’ll be heading north really soon, and at that point we’ll be blogging regularly so please continue to follow along. Don’t forget that you can check out our Spot page to see where we are currently. Stay tuned!