It’s always a bad idea to pick a departure date. After telling everyone I talked to that we were just waiting for a minor part to arrive and then we’d be leaving tomorrow, that will not happen.
See the minor part arrived for the heater, I installed it, and the heater still didn’t work. I spent a long weekend trouble shooting – I disassembled the heater, cleaned the heater, reassembled the heater, cleaned the fuel, siphoned the fuel, cleaned the fuel lines. Once it still didn’t work today I finally gave up and ordered a new burner assembly.
So, now we’re waiting on another heater part. Since departure will be delayed at least another week we’re going to hang out till after Christmas. This will make things easier, we were planning on traveling home for Christmas, so now we won’t have to find a marina to leave JV while we drive or fly back to visit family. So logistically, things get simpler.
Even though we now won’t be leaving till late December, if our heater is finally working we shouldn’t freeze!
After deciding that we were going to hang out till after Christmas, I looked ahead to our next probable departure date. The tide is right on December 27th and there’s a full moon. So, even though I said at the beginning of this post that I should never tell anyone our departure date, we’re heading south on December 27th!
(As long as the Bay isn’t frozen closed….)