Joint Venture is ready to go.
Her crew is showered, the laundry is done, the car is dropped off.
The freezer is packed, the fridge is overflowing, the Christmas cookies are secured.
The strong winds have abated, and it’s a beautiful clear night.
Only one thing remains… the tide.
Currently we don’t have enough water depth to exit the marina!
High tide tonight is at 9:46, and normally we’d have enough to get out of here now. But unfortunately the strong winds seem to have delayed the tide, so now we wait. If the tide never comes up, we’ll have to wait to leave until high tide tomorrow morning. This wouldn’t be bad, except the wind dies tomorrow and we’ll have to motor the whole way to Norfolk. Keep an eye on the Spot track to see what we end up doing.
While I watch the height of the tide, I feel like a kid waiting on Santa Claus!