After a lot of Brad’s hard work, finally Joint Venture is ready to head south. The weather has changed again, so we’re now targeting the morning of December 27th to cast off the dock lines. First “gaining” a day, and now “losing” a day has caused us to scramble to complete some tasks that needed to be done. Now we can say that JV is in much better shape to sail south than she was last year around this time. It’s a good thing that she’s stowed and ready, because a strong WNW wind is forecast for Thursday. Hopefully we’ll be sailing fast to warmer weather!
Brad drove to Indiana on Sunday to join me. Today we left my parents’ to head to Brad’s folks’ house. We’ll get a chance to have Christmas dinner, but unfortunately we have to turn around and get right back on the road. There’s a strong winter storm blowing through Ohio and the Appalachians on Wednesday. If we don’t leave tonight we would be fighting ice and snow for a few days as we try to get back to tropical Maryland. It’s going to be chilly as we sail south, but it was great to be home for the holidays.
From the crew here at Joint Venture, we’re hoping that you’ve had a happy holiday season.
Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!