I can’t wait till we sail south into remote, uninhabited areas… maybe then our internet will work!
In a nutshell, our internet has been out at the marina for four weeks. I call the phone number for support and leave messages, they promise to call me back, nothing happens, and the cycle repeats itself. Finally a couple of days ago I talked to someone who knew what was going on, and he said that they’d have it fixed, in November. I was not pleased, but he said he would try to put a band-aid on the problem until then, the band-aid must be working because I am actually able to write this post this morning.
In other news, the only thing happening on the boat is work. I finished cleaning out my office on the 16th, and since then here’s a quick run-down of the projects underway:
- Installation of high quality sound-proofing in the engine compartment
We did this for thermal insulation also, the engine tends to make the boat warm and the fridge hot.
- Replaced the stern shower supply tubing
They had a leak, so we replaced them and now we have a stern shower again.
- Replacing every hose on the engine
Most of them were worn and looked ready to break, easy to do them all at once.
- Engine disassembled, cleaned, repaired, tuned and reinstalled
Much more on this later….
- New AGM batteries
- Wiring new electronics
- Developing our solar panel installation
- Purchased a used 9.8hp Tohatsu outboard off of craigslist
Now no scuba diving site is safe from us!
- And much, much more!